Our team of highly qualified physiotherapists use the best evidence-based techniques to assess your symptoms and treat the underlying cause. After providing an efficient and accurate diagnosis, our physiotherapists will provide a tailored treatment program using advanced treatment strategies, including:
- Manual therapy techniques, such as deep tissue Massage and Dry Needling.
- Joint mobilisation and manipulations.
- Taping strategies to reduce injury, stabilise joints and improve movement.
- Supervised and Home Exercise Programs to ensure a successful recovery and future prevention.
- Education to help manage your symptoms and prevent future aggravation.
Overall, the treatment we provide will repair tissue damage, reduce stiffness and pain, increase mobility and improve quality of life.
Our Accredited Exercise Physiologist specialises in clinical exercise interventions for persons at high-risk of developing, or with existing chronic and complex medical conditions and njuries. Using tailored exercise programs and education as the main treatment, Exercise Physiology has a strong focus on achieving behavioural change, advice and support, and lifestyle modification. The aim of treatment is to prevent, manage, or rehabilitate from chronic disease and/or injury, and assist in restoring physical function, health and wellness. Our Exercise Physiologist has had experience in a range of areas, including:
- Musculoskeletal injuries and conditions: Including muscle tears, joint sprains, lower back pain, arthritis an osteoporosis.
- Surgical rehabilitation: Such as replacement or repair surgeries (TKR, ACL, rotator cuff, etc.)
- Cardiovascular diseases: Such as Hypertension and Coronary Artery Disease.
- Metabolic Disorders: Pre-diabetes, Type I & II Diabetes Mellitus, and other
- Chronic pain management: including chronic Lower Back Pain, CRPS, and Fibromyalgia.
- Neurological disorders: Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, etc.
- Exercise prescription for general health, elite athletic development, & youth.
- Overweight and Obesity weight-loss programs.
- Other services such as Cancer and Falls prevention
Our Accredited Exercise Physiology has a 4 year university degree & is a provider to all Private Health Funds, Medicare, Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA), Transport Accident Commission (TAC), and WorkCover Victoria (WorkSafe). A referral is not necessary to make an appointment with Luke, however ask your General Practitioner to determine your eligibility for subsidies under the Medicare Chronic Disease Management Program.
Our Exercise Scientist is a university qualified exercise professional, who specialises in applying the science of exercise to improve health and wellbeing, general fitness, or for optimal athletic performance. Our Exercise Scientist utilises their knowledge of human anatomy and physiology to plan and administer exercise programs for a range of goals, including:
- Return to sport following a musculoskeletal injury or surgery (e.g. ACL, hamstring tear, shoulder reconstruction).
- Adolescent & junior athletic devlepment.
- Sport-specific rehabilitation or conditioning programs.
- Injury prevention and performance enhancing programs.
Our Exercise Scientist has on-site access to our strength and conditioning equipment to ensure you can achieve your goals under direct supervision and with expert advice!